POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Some Welsh Lovespoons : Re: Some Welsh Lovespoons Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:27:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some Welsh Lovespoons
From: St
Date: 12 Mar 2008 15:49:12
Message: <47d841c8@news.povray.org>
"Janet" <par### [at] attnet> wrote in message
> "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>>      What are you working on recently?
>
> Lots of things. Some free Poser content. You can see it all at
> http://parrotdolphin.deviantart.com/gallery/

    Hey cool! Damn, you're good at what you do. It seems like you set out to
create *that* image, and aren't satisfied until you get the results you
want. That's a good move in my book, it's what I want to try. Anyway, I've
bookmarked your site now, as I didn't the first time I viewed it. And yes, I
agree with Thomas too!  ;)

> Hey, I like the jewelry you posted here. It's very pretty. The gems look
> really
> colourful. How'd you do the gems anyway?

     Heh, thanks. I try to please in the jewellery department. :o)

     Well, first off, that gem was originally a free round facetted .DXF
model (I think), which I converted to .OBJ somewhere along the line....
(shrug, it's a blur now as I've had the model for well over five years), and
then I just ovalled it in Wings.

     Now, textures and colours is my downfall when rendering, so, those
stones that are supposed to be amethysts are in fact nothing like
amethysts - too much sparkle in them unless they are AAA-AAA-AAA Quality,
(of which, would never happen). I wish those stones were real, they would be
nice. The nearest gemstone to the one I've produced would probably be
'Ametrine' where a nice purple fades into a citrine colour, (but even then,
my image isn't close):
http://www.agta.org/services/images/photos/ametrine001.jpg

  But, my latest designs show a much better coloured amethyst in the
attachment, (second after the citrine from left to right, dang, I just know
you know that).

   Now I've just got to get the other stones right... ;)

> Also, the chain reminds me of a Blender feature called DupliFrames. It's
> really
> fun, you can make one chain section and then duplicate it and have it
> follow a
> curve.

       Cool, ok, it sounds perfect for me. I'll check that out, thanks!  :)

        ~Steve~

> Janet

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: